For the sake of the stress you will inevitably pass through on your wedding, you need to keep fit. Here are important steps you must take in keeping fit for your wedding.
Every bride wants to look her absolute best on her big day. When you look good, you feel good, and your confidence and happiness are of course the most important factors on your wedding day. Keeping fit for your wedding is non-negotiable if you desire to have maximum fun on your big day without having to suffer later.
So often, this means starting out on a new diet/exercise regimen. If anything, you should know three basic things about dieting:
1. The process itself can get pretty boring and a tiny bit hellish
2. It always takes WAY longer than you predict to see results
3. It is totally worth it to feel ultimately fit, healthy, and confident
So, lets talk shaping-up methods:
- Managing your diet- obtain all the right nutrients and reduce unnecessary calories.
- Cardiovascular activities- to exercise your heart.
- Resistance Training- to burn fat and tone muscles.
- Getting enough rest and recovery time after workouts- to allow your body to adjust and heal, and therefore make the changes you want.
Little Diet Changes for a Huge Impact
Radical changes to your diet are not only hard on your body, but mentally difficult to sustain. If you usually eat unhealthily, you will find it almost impossible to ‘change your ways’ overnight. So resolve to make some key changes that you can incorporate into your current diet, for example:
- Switch to ‘low-fat’ groceries – particularly dairy products. Many of the products you currently buy will also be available in a ‘diet’ or ‘light’ version.
- Stick to whole natural foods – Fruits, Veges, whole grain breads and cereals
- Stay away from anything with preservatives – these chemicals are unnatural to the body and if cannot be broken down, will be stored in fat cells.
- Stop drinking soft drinks and sweetened fruit juices and drink water or sugar-free diet drinks instead. Sugary drinks contain empty calories and do nothing to fill you up.
- Aim to eat more at the beginning of the day and less at night. This means a full, nutritious breakfast and less snacking after dinner.
- Change the way you prepare meals – this means less frying and roasting and more grilling, steaming and boiling.
- Snack on fresh fruit, vegetables and nuts instead of biscuits, chips etc.
- Consider walking or cycling to work and take the stairs instead of the lift!
- Try to incorporate high-fibre foods into your diet. Fibre helps ‘fill you up’ and will stop you snacking on junk food throughout the day.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
Regular exercise is essential – it increases your heart rate, oxygen intake and your metabolism. Remember, a healthy diet will help you look good, but exercise will help you look great naked. Exercise can be broken down into two main categories: ‘cardiovascular’ and ‘resistance training’.
Cardiovascular Exercises comprise of anything that gets your heart pumping. This can include, for instance, running, cycling, swimming, brisk walking, skipping, dancing, tumbling, frolicking… you get the idea.
Resistance training is about exercising your muscles so they are toned and healthy. This can be done with light weight lifting, hopping on the strength- oriented machines at gym, specific types of yoga, and pilates.
Whilst it’s important to eat well and exercise regularly it’s also absolutely crucial to accept that women come in all shapes and sizes, and that it’s not possible, in the long term, to maintain a weight that lies beyond our natural limitations. No matter what your natural body type, a well-fitted gown and expert hair and make-up will ensure you glow with beauty on your wedding day. Remember your guests are coming to see you get married, not participate as audience members in your unveiling ceremony. The person who cares most about the way you look is you- so try not to put too much pressure on yourself. Plus, I think we all know you’ll look positively RADIANT on your wedding day, no matter what your shape. It is your own happiness that tends to leave the most indelible mark on your guests’ mind, at the end of the day!
Enjoyed reading? Please help this blog grow by leaving a comment and sharing with friends. Thank you.
Click HERE to join our BBM Channel.
Click the image below to download the free e-book